How to Easily Prepare Paneer KoftasJuly 1, 2016
Get Back Into Shape Jolly Fat Go Slimming PowderJuly 8, 2016
South Indian Lemon Rice Recipe
emon Rice is an all-time favorite rice preparation in South India, where it is made on a regular basis for lunch or dinner, offered as prasad to devotees at temples, served as part of a wedding spread, and carried frequently in the dabba(Lunch Box) to work or school. A hassle-free lunch-box option, lemon rice is a favourite with young and old alike in southern india! lemon adds the tanginess, while the tempering imparts the aroma to this simple rice delicacy. With a holistic flavor that combines spice and tang, this rice does not need any complex accompaniments – just a pa-pad or some crispy potato wafers would do!
Simple, easy and delicious lemon rice recipe with lime juice , potatoes and whole Indian spices. Lemon rice is a south Indian rice recipe with a tangy and delicious taste. The rice is tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilies and sprinkled with fresh lime juice. A nice variation to the good old pulao or chawal(Rice) recipe.
- Preparation Time : 15 mins
- Cooking Time : 5 mins
- Total Time : 20 mins
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1/2 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- 1 tsp chana dal (split bengal gram)
- 5 to 6 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
- 2 whole dry kashmiri red chillies , broken into pieces
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- Salt to Taste
Steps to prepare Lemon Rice
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, chana dal, and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger, red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder and rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.